• Musings
  • Wednesday, December 21, 2005

    A list

    From Rich

    Seven things to do before I die
    1. Get a hole-in-one
    2. Read the Institutes
    3. Read History at Cambridge
    4. Learn Greek or Hebrew
    5. Find some friends
    6. Write an opinion column for the Daily Telegraph
    7. Impose a benevolent dictatorship on this country

    Seven things I cannot do
    1. Choose healthy food over anything greasy, meaty or sweet
    2. Convince Jon I'm not just a paedobaptist because my Dad is
    3. Get into Cambridge University to read History
    4. Read the Guardian Newspaper
    5. Consider the Liberal Democrats as the real alternative
    6. Admire or appreciate George Galloway or Philip Pullman
    7. Read anything written by Richard Dawkins

    Seven things that attract me to my spouse
    all things in relationships are officially on hold until I reach maturity...hmmm

    Seven things I say most often

    1. Ahh well, such is life
    2. You jolly simpleton
    3. I know, as always
    4. Do you do Chemistry?
    5. Shes a crazy fool!
    6. Haha, you're so funny... sarcastically
    7. I wish I did photography

    Seven books (or series) I love (Bible not included)

    1. Wuthering Heights - Bronte?
    2. Harry Potter - J.K Rowling
    3. The Holiness of God - R.C Sproul
    4. In defence of History - Richard Evans
    5. Reformation - Patrick Collinson
    6. Redemption: Accomplished and Applied - John Murray
    7. The Chronicles of Narnia




    Seven movies I watch from time to time

    1. Happy Gilmore
    2. Saving Private Ryan
    3. Pirates of the Caribbean
    4. The Matrix
    5. Pride and Prejudice (BBC version)
    6. Gladiator
    7. Minority Retort

    Seven people I want to join in, too

    The seven people I know have probably already completed this...
    James Leverton, 17:09

    5 Comments:

    Ah yes, the EVIL Guardian which prints both sides of the story on practically every issue...
    Blogger Tom King, at 2:17 PM  
    Also - Minority Retort? That sounds a lot more entertaining than the Tom Cruise flick...
    Blogger Tom King, at 2:20 PM  
    :-)
    I thought the Guardian thing might raise your hackles ;-)
    To be honest, I do read articles from it now and then...I just prefer the Telegraph.
    I certainly wouldn't say its evil.
    Blogger James Leverton, at 3:23 PM  
    Philip Pullman is a wonderful storyteller and has a lot of very good insights into human nature, and thoughtful criticisms to make of certain types of institutional religion. It's just a pity he confuses them with Christianity.

    I've read a bit of stuff by Richard Dawkins - a skilled communicator of scientific ideas, but woefully uninformed when he starts talking about religion.

    I enjoy reading The Guardian, largely because it both has articles that I vehemently disagree with and are fun to argue against mentally (great fun!), but also occasionally says some stuff that I quite agree with.
    Blogger Unknown, at 1:28 PM  
    I hate rational argumentation (I guess in this I can appreciate the paedobaptist cause)! All I shall say is that you're a loser! Ha! And you'll never convince me of your hereditary doctrines...
    Blogger Jon, at 10:59 PM  

    Add a comment